@GIRLPOWERHOUR SOCIAL MEDIA 101
Social Media is so hot right now! Every fashion designer and store are involved somehow with it. So, it was perfectly fitting that Girl Power Hour hosted a fabulous social media event last night at Hotel Bellevue! An event where they encourage to you to be on your phone is perfect in my book. We were even trending on twitter all night, #PowerSocial. Congrats Girl Power Hour on another flawless event.
For the event they had 4 social media divas speak and tell us what's hot in social media and what's to come, the Panelists:
Shauna Causey: VP of Marketing at Decide.com, President of Social Media Club Seattle, @shaunacausey
Joanna Lord: VP of Growth Marketing at SEOmoz.org, recent speaker at SXSW, @joannalord
Amber Osborne: CMO of Meshfire, recently voted one of the Top 10 CMO’s on Twitter, @missdestructo
Kelly Clay: Digital Communications Strategist for HasOffers, tech writer for Forbes, @kellyclay
Sasha Pasulka (Moderator) - Senior Product Marketing Manager at Tableau Software, GeekWire contributor, Tech Show host @sashrocksU
Some tips I learned from last nights Girl Power Hour.
• There is a shift happening in social platforms right now. It's visual obsession! Pinterest is huge, post and link everything.
• LinkedIn is still a recommended relevant social platform.
• Followerwonk.com is a GREAT tool for Twitter.
• check out Tagboard for hashtag tracking after #powersocial
• check out followerwonk.com getlittlebird.com and tagboard.com to monitor social media
• Engagement and sales are key indicators of good social media.
• Blogging adds credibility.
• Next big platform? Vine, Clip, Path. New platforms should all have four letters!
• Facebook is out, instagram is in!
A little snippet of the panel answering questions about Social media...
Comments are closed.