Hi...My name is Rebecca, and.. i'm a hoarder. This past weekend, my little sister "forced" me to do some MAJOR spring cleaning of my closet. Let's just say, I discovered I had clothes in my closet since 8th grade...So, YES! Im the definition of a hoarder. It was tough, there were lots of tears, and screaming, but we cleaned out 3 garbage bags worth of clothes/shoes. It felt like in the Sex and the City movie scene, (here), when the girls helped Carrie decide what to keep or toss, when she was cleaning out her closet. It was actually quite refreshing, and the good part is, I get to buy brand new clothes/shoes now to fill up the big spaces in my closet. ;)
Below are some fab tips for cleansing out your closet
1. First things first, Grab your girlfriends, the champagne and turn on songza. Just like in the Sex and the City movie scene, (here), The girls helped Carrie decide what to keep or toss, when she was cleaning out her closet. The champagne adds some fun to the Spring cleaning.
2. Start with the golden rule of closet organizing: If you haven’t worn it in a year or it doesn’t fit you well, get rid of it. Donate it to someone who will wear it and be glad to have it. When you come across things you’re on the fence about, go ahead and donate. You know you’ll be glad you did.
3. Grouping it up: People have different ways of organizing their closets. I like to group jackets, pants, skirts, jeans, dresses and tops separately. Then hang them from lightest colors to darkest.
4. After you have done all of these steps, it will be time to make your way to the Container Store or Storables, and start to get organized. Buy baskets, shoe racks, storage baskets, hanging bags, shelf organizers, etc., to help you manage your closet.
5. Pack up the piles to dry clean or donate and enjoy your new closet or get some extra $$$ by putting them on POSHMARK app!
Credit: great tips via:
Comments are closed.